This past July, Metalworks Institute launched their Digital Music Production Sweepstakes in collaboration with Erikson Audio. The sweepstake, which was housed on Metalworks Institute’s Facebook Page, offered fans a chance at a prize package worth $1,750. The package included: Korg MicroKorg Limited Edition, Ableton Live 9 Intro, Novation Launchpad S, Audio Technica AT2020, one pair of KRK New Generation 3 RP5 Monitors, and one Scarlett 2i2, Focusrite Interface. On Aug. 31st the sweepstakes closed and Metalworks is happy to congratulate Justin Slaven of Scarborough, ON on winning this prize package.
Archive for the ‘Contests’ Category
Shure Incorporated has announced that its 10th annual Fantastic Scholastic Recording Competition is now accepting entries from eligible universities and colleges throughout the U.S. and Canada until October 31, 2013, at 11:59 p.m. CST. The competition is open to teams of students enrolled at a college, university, or institution of higher learning who are pursuing a bachelor’s or associate’s degree program with a focus or concentration in fields related to Audio Engineering (Music Production, Audio Recording or Engineering, Electronic Media, Sound Recording, or a similar program). Using the same high quality gear that professional musicians and recording engineers rely on, these student teams will submit original compositions, which will be judged by a panel of esteemed musicians and industry authorities.
The special mic features:
– Hand-painted red Japanese maple leaves in Urushi lacquer
– Comes with beautifully crafted wooden carrying case
– Transparent uppers/mids balanced by rich low-end qualities combine with advanced acoustic engineering for extensive performance capabilities and highest quality
– Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
– Ideal for studio use and live sound productions with vocals, piano, strings, drum overheads, guitar amps, and more
The deadline for entering the sweepstakes is Oct. 31, 2013.
The prize pack is courtesy of Erikson Audio.
Total value over $2,000
Aspiring student engineers from around the globe will vie for the opportunity to jumpstart their careers at the Audio Engineering Society’s 133rd Convention at San Francisco’s Moscone Center, being held October 26-29, 2012. A panel of pro audio manufacturers, product designers, and end users will review Student Design Competition hardware and software designs in search of innovative and useful new product ideas. (more…)